At Kwik Fit Insurance Services, we like cars. We like old cars, we like new cars, we even like cars that don’t start first time - and we’re pretty sure we’d like your car. Funnily enough, we also like car insurance
What do I get?
Why have car insurance?
It is a legal requirement, no matter what car you intend to drive, that you must have at least Third Party Only car insurance before you even start the engine. At this level of cover, if you are involved in an accident that is your fault, any damage or injury you cause to a third party or a third party's property is covered.
So having Third Party Only insurance protects other road users and pedestrians from incurring costs associated with any mistakes you might make as a driver. These costs may include legal costs and the cost of repairs to their vehicle.
If you aren't covered by at least Third Party Only insurance and you accidentally drive into the back of someone else's car you might find that you are unable to cover the costs incurred by such an accident. Plus you will have broken the law. In cases like this there are often medical bills to pay as well as the cost of repairing the damage to the other car. The law is there to make sure the person who is not at fault doesn't end up having to pay for everything.
Car insurance quotes
The first step in acquiring the right car insurance for you is getting a car insurance quote. During the quote process we ask for details specific to you and your car to ensure that you get the right cover for you. When filling in the car insurance quote form please take care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge.
Why choose anything other than Third Party Only cover?
Whilst the minimum legal requirement for car insurance is Third Party Only, the level of cover available doesn't stop there. The next step up is Third Party Fire and Theft, which provides cover for damage to your car by fire and will also cover you in the event that your car is stolen.
Advancements in anti-theft technology over recent years has meant motorists can do a lot more to protect their cars against thieves, however car theft is still a problem and it can happen to any car, anywhere, so having cover for theft makes a lot of sense.
Upgrading to Comprehensive cover
Upgrading to Comprehensive cover will protect you against most eventualities you may encounter while on the road. The major difference between Comprehensive cover and lesser levels of cover is that with Comprehensive cover, damage sustained to your car is covered even if the accident was deemed to have been your fault.
So whilst it's not a legal requirement to have anything other than Third Party Only cover, it can make sense to go for Comprehensive cover, especially if you would be unable to replace your own car if it was written off in an accident you caused yourself. † 10% of customers buying Car Insurance online with us between 1st June 2015 and 31st August 2015 received a price that was at least 29% cheaper than the price they would have been offered had they called us. Discounts depend upon individual circumstances, level of cover & payment method. (Excludes optional extras).
* With comprehensive cover only, while the insured vehicle is being repaired by an approved repairer
** With comprehensive cover only. You will receive £20 per day for 5 days, up to a maximum of £100 for hire car costs if the car is stolen and not recovered.
^ With comprehensive policies only
# Free MOT Terms & Conditions
1. Only purchases that originate directly from the Kwik Fit Insurance Services website (www.kwik-fitinsurance.co.uk), Compare the Market and GoCompare comparison websites will be eligible for the offer, any purchases through other price comparison websites are excluded.
2. Kwik Fit Insurance Services may, in exceptional circumstances, withdraw or amend this offer at its discretion. In this event, Kwik Fit Insurance Services will provide all qualifying customers reasonable advance notice via email/letter, and will endeavour to provide an alternative offer of the same value.
3. Is not transferrable. Entitles only the named Kwik Fit Insurance Services policy holder to one free MOT test for the vehicle insured through us.
4. Free MOT test available at Kwik Fit MOT centres only. Kwik Fit have over 500 MOT Test centres. To locate your nearest Kwik Fit MOT centre please click here.
5. The MOT must be booked online at www.kwik-fit.com, selecting any participating Kwik Fit MOT centre on a date and time that is available.
6. Valid for 12 months from the date of inception of your insurance policy subject to point 1 above.
7. Only one MOT test is free. Any re-tests or repairs in connection with the MOT must be paid by you.
8. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher.
9. No cash alternative available.
10. Is not valid in Northern Ireland.
11. Can only be used for privately owned vehicles.
12. Cancellation and deferral terms and conditions apply to the MOT booking facility. See www.kwik-fit.com for further details.