If you are looking for complete peace of mind for your car, then comprehensive car cover is an option worth considering.
There are plenty of reasons why motorists choose to insure their vehicles with this higher level of cover which can include anything from -
- Wanting complete coverage for a vehicle that is expensive to purchase or is rare in nature.
- Wanting complete peace of mind knowing your financial losses should be limited to the value of the excess on your policy.
- Having an insurance plan that covers both you and your vehicle in the event of any accident whether it is your fault or not.
Extra cover you’ll receive with fully comprehensive insurance
As well as providing cover for injury to others (including passengers), damage to third party property, fire damage, theft and damage to your vehicle, you may also want to look at extra cover for:
- Medical expenses
- Personal accident cover
- Malicious damage
- Glass damage – your windscreen will be repaired or replaced whether the accident was your fault or not
- Accidental damage
Third Party Only (TPO) vs. Comprehensive Cover – What are the differences?
TPO can be the cheapest option, but it provides only a basic level of cover, it is therefore not always the best option for every motorist.
- Doesn’t cover repairs to your own car – TPO is designed to ensure that you can cover the cost of damage or injury caused to a third party in the result of an accident that is your fault. This means you’ll be covered for the cost of repairing the third party’s vehicle, but not your own. So if your car is expensive to repair or has a high value to replace, it could leave you seriously out of pocket.
- Medical expenses – TPO also won’t cover you for any medical costs you incur as a result of being in accident that’s your fault.
- Professional losses – if you use your car for work you won’t be provided with a replacement vehicle, and you won’t be covered for any losses your business makes as a result of your car being off the road.
- Personal belongings – any personal belongings that are damaged or stolen from your vehicle won’t be covered.
- Fire and theft – if your car is stolen, vandalised, or damaged as a result of an attempted theft, you won’t be covered.
Comprehensive Cover is at the other end of the insurance scale, providing the most extensive protection available for you, your car, your passengers, your personal possessions and third parties.
How much would it cost?
While it can be the most expensive option, the final quote for a comprehensive car insurance policy can vary, so it really pays to compare policy quotes across a range of insurance levels.
You have the choice between 3 main types of cover: Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft (TPFT) and Third Party Only (TPO). As the cost of the three main types of car insurance cover has levelled out in recent years, the difference between policy prices can be minimal.
Drivers who take out TPO and TPFT policies are viewed as higher-risk by insurers, as they tend to make more claims, so the price of these policies has risen – it means that comprehensive cover could cost less than you think.
Factors that can affect the cost of Comprehensive Cover
Kwik Fit Insurance Services looks at a range of factors when calculating the cost of your tailored Cover policy. The following factors can help to reduce the price of cover.
- Type and age of your car
- Your age
- Your profession
- Where you live
- Where you park your car – in a driveway, or securely locked away in a garage
- How you use your car – the distances you cover, whether you use your car as part of your job, and where you typically drive
- Car insurance group of your car – some cars are more costly to insure than others, so if your car has a lower insurance group number you could save
- Whether you have any security products fitted to your car, such as an alarm or immobiliser.
Comprehensive Cover perks with Kwik Fit Insurance Services
Our Comprehensive cover also includes a wide range of benefits, designed to help take some of the stress out of getting you and your car back on the road should you suffer an accident.
Customers can therefore benefit from the following:
- Courtesy cover – need a courtesy car while your own vehicle is off the road? No problem
- A New-for-Old replacement car – if your vehicle is less than 12 months old and you are the first registered keeper
- A hire car provided for you in the event of theft*
- Personal effects – up to £150 of cover for any personal items damaged, loss or stolen
- Unlimited audio cover – enhanced cover for your car’s audio kit, or up to £300 of cover if your audio equipment is not standard fit
Driving abroad? You’re covered
Kwik Fit Insurance Services’ Comprehensive car insurance also covers drivers when travelling abroad. Your policy automatically extends the same level of cover you have in the UK to all countries in the EU, and some others with the EEC, provided you’re only on the road outside the UK for 60 days or less. So you can set off on your holiday, hassle-free.
*if your car is not recovered within 5 days.
Get a Quote
Find out more
Find out more about our car insurance
# Free MOT Terms & Conditions
1. Only purchases that originate directly from the Kwik Fit Insurance Services website (www.kwik-fitinsurance.co.uk), Compare the Market and GoCompare comparison websites will be eligible for the offer, any purchases through other price comparison websites are excluded.
2. Kwik Fit Insurance Services may, in exceptional circumstances, withdraw or amend this offer at its discretion. In this event, Kwik Fit Insurance Services will provide all qualifying customers reasonable advance notice via email/letter, and will endeavour to provide an alternative offer of the same value.
3. Is not transferrable. Entitles only the named Kwik Fit Insurance Services policy holder to one free MOT test for the vehicle insured through us.
4. Free MOT test available at Kwik Fit MOT centres only. Kwik Fit have over 500 MOT Test centres. To locate your nearest Kwik Fit MOT centre please click here.
5. The MOT must be booked online at www.kwik-fit.com, selecting any participating Kwik Fit MOT centre on a date and time that is available.
6. Valid for 12 months from the date of inception of your insurance policy subject to point 1 above.
7. Only one MOT test is free. Any re-tests or repairs in connection with the MOT must be paid by you.
8. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher.
9. No cash alternative available.
10. Is not valid in Northern Ireland.
11. Can only be used for privately owned vehicles.
12. Cancellation and deferral terms and conditions apply to the MOT booking facility. See www.kwik-fit.com for further details.